Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heart - break

Life is crazy! Between taking care of 4 insane little children, doing schoolwork, and church ministry, I'm tired. It's not just the busyness, but all of it takes a lot out of me mentally and emotionally as well. When you are so busy, it seems like taking time to read your Bible is just one more thing on the to-do list. However, when I open up God's Word I find calm and peace, a sense of relaxation. The phrase "rest in the Lord" is real. When we give our time to God, He gives us rest. How? because we are reminded that He is really the one that does all the work. I don't have to rely on my abilities or strengths or how smart I am to make it through this life. All I have to rely on is God. I can give my heart a break by filling myself with the promises of God and renewing my Spirit each day. No matter how busy you are, make time to rest in God Word's and put your life back in perspective. 

No comments: