Monday, February 11, 2013

Just Hold My Hand...

The old saying, "The best things in life are free" could not be more true after the wonderful little moment I had yesterday.

We were at my parent's house and I was sitting on the couch when Gideon came to settle in right next to me and hold my hand.

Oh, I probably sat there with the most ridiculous grin on my face. It was like being in 8th grade and you just found out the boy you like likes you too. My heart was stolen by a 4 yr. old.

It's the week in which we celebrate Valentine's Day. I enjoy this time of year. My husband and I don't do anything incredibly special, but I enjoy thinking about the people I love a little more - trying to do something special for them. But most of all, I enjoy thinking about God's love for us. After all, His love is perfect and completely incredible!

I was thinking about how ridiculously joyful I was when Gideon sat there holding my hand, and then how ridiculously joyful I am when my husband holds my hand. And I thought, that's how I want my relationship to be with God - that I just can't wipe the smile off my face when He's right there, holding my hand. That my heart will be filled with joy knowing that the One who loves me most is with me always, holding me in His hand.

Just thinking again about that little handsome boy who just steals this mommy heart each day and that he would want to just sit and hold my hand, is bringing back that smile of a heart that is overflowing. Thank you Lord, for these sweet little moments that remind me of Your love.

2 comments:

Tom said...

This is cool!
I like your post,visit my homepage here:

best espresso machine

Vera said...

This is cool!