Friday, February 14, 2014

To the Love of My Life

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I love Valentine's Day. My husband and I don't really do anything like go out, but I do try to do something special for those I love. 

Here is a little song I wrote for the love of my life. You can read it as a poem, but I've been singing it all week.

My heart was changed the day we met
It was a day I’ll never forget
You were the one chasing after me
While I was still trying be wild and free
They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder
But that is something I know nothing about
You promised you would never leave me
And you’ve never given me reason to doubt


You whisper sweet everythings in my ear
Like everlasting love and grace beyond compare
People call their loves the wind beneath their wings
But you’re the solid rock to which I cling
They say to follow your heart
And let your passion lead you
I can’t resist following your Truth


They measure love from the moon and back
You measure love with the palms of your hands
You crossed your heart and hoped to die
Just so I could be given life
They show their love with candy and flowers
They write notes about a moment in time
You pour on me your grace and mercy
And your letter has eternity defined


You forgave me, you changed me
You took my hand to be your wife
You fight for me, You died for me
Jesus, you’re the love of my life.

No comments: